Anesthesia Technician – LVT
Is anesthesia your passion? Our anesthesia team helps improve the quality of care given to the patients of Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists and works side by side our anesthesiologists providing advanced anesthesia care throughout our hospital. Anesthesia technicians must hold a valid Licensed Veterinary Technician designation in Texas before the end of the introductory period.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
We offer an excellent benefit package
- Provide restraint of pets for examination and treatment by veterinarians.
- Prepare medications for inpatients.
- Complete all necessary paperwork associated with anesthetic procedures.
- Calculate drug dosages.
- Log out and administer controlled substances.
- Induce, maintain and monitor anesthesia; prepare patients for surgery and anesthetic procedures; circulate in the operating rooms or other procedure suites to assist with anesthetic troubleshooting; administer I.V. fluids; provide supportive therapy to patients in anesthetic/sedation/surgical procedures, and the recovery period and post-anesthesia/sedation.
- Coordinate with the anesthesiologist(s), attending doctor and technical staff for anesthetic/sedation plans, administration and monitoring.
- Assist in training staff in various departments on anesthetic skills
- Collecting blood and urine samples for laboratory analysis and submitting samples to the in house Lab.
- Accurately recording all procedures, diagnostics and treatments in patients chart and circling all associated service codes for invoicing.
- Maintain and troubleshoot anesthesia machines and monitors.
- Access digital radiographs utilizing e-film software.
- Assist personnel in keeping patients clean and dry at all times
- Assist PCT and CPCs/CSTs when necessary.
- Perform daily and weekly cleaning duties.
- Perform on call duties as directed
Continuing Education, dues to professional associations, 401K plan, uniform allowance, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, health insurance, dental/vision insurance, life insurance, as well as long and short term disability.
Salary is competitive and directly related to experience. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to HRDepartment@gcvs.com.