The staffing scheduler individual is responsible for the shift assignment of all medical staff personnel. Work Nature: receive time off requests from clinical staff, entering data into the computer, receiving phone calls, developing coverage schedules. Work hours may vary depending on the need, though are normally M-F 8-4:30. Major Areas of Accountability: generate and post work schedules a minimum of 30 days in advance for staff and 90 days in advance for doctors/interns. Maintain clinical education calendar of events. Providing assistance in tracking enrollment, completing various reports and forms, drafting mails and letters as well as resource materials. Creating and maintaining database for well-organized assortment and retrieval of staff, locum, and per diem schedules. Maintaining organizational system and filing for schedules. Participating in team meetings, handling correspondence, sharing meeting responsibilities, responding to routine requests, and assisting with the collaboration of professional learning and professional development. Work in partnership with administration and department leaders to coordinate schedules with an emphasis on creating high quality matches and extraordinary relationships.
The listing of job duties contained in this job description is not all inclusive. Duties may be added or subtracted at any time due to the needs of the organization.
- Responsible to the Hospital and Medical Directors
- Works closely with the Leadership Team and department supervisors
- All GCVS employees
- Core competencies: Organization, team building, performance improvement, communication, systems thinking, negotiation, multitasking, and financial acumen.
- Prepare accurate and complete schedules for nursing department
- Coordinate all payroll time cards and issues by acting as the payroll liaison between the Payroll Department and the facility
- Managing recruitment needs by determining open positions, screening and interviewing applicants
- Creates win-win solutions among diverse needs and expectations.
- Possesses excellent medical staff and clinical relationship development skills.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and legal requirements in areas of responsibilities by reading journals, newsletters, and attending educational meetings.
- Maintains department records and files.
- Serves on internal and external work groups, committees, and agencies as appropriate.
- Performs other responsibilities as requested by the Hospital Director and other leadership staff
- Participates in facility management meetings as required
- Maintain clinical education calendar
- Other reasonable duties as assigned by supervisor
- General Office duties in Nursing Office
- Job allows employee to vary physical position or activity for comfort.
- Must be able to:
- Stand 10% or longer of an 8-hour workday
- Walk up to 50% of an 8-hour workday
- Sit 75% of an 8-hour workday
- Requires ability to lift up to 10 pounds continuously
- Requires employee to: bend, squat, kneel and reach above shoulder level frequently. Climb and twist occasionally
- Requires repetitive use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulation
- Requires all sensory skills (speech, vision, smell, touch, and hearing) corrected to near normal range
- Environment: 1. Greater than 90% of time spent indoors 2. Temperature and humidity norms indoor 3. Exposure to cleaning agents
- Exposure to high stress levels
- Exposure to electrical current
- Education: High school graduate
- Experience: Current clinical experience in scheduling and staffing functions. Veterinary or Healthcare clinical experience a plus
- Training: Microsoft excel or office training
- Highly organized and able to meet specific time deadlines for projects and tasks
- Adapts positively to the ever-changing healthcare environment by supporting technology and process changes
- Ability to empathize with others and demonstrate a values-based work style is required
- Must possess excellent listening and interpersonal skills and problem solving methods
- Must be able to work varying hours as required
- Must have intermediate computer skills including working knowledge of office software and cloud services