Referral Relationship Manager
VP of Customer Development
Exempt (not subject to overtime requirements)
Cultivate a positive relationship with the referral community within a given territory by bringing an understanding and respect for all Hospital philosophies. Utilize solution selling, territory management, and business planning capabilities to execute our strategies to maximize sales performance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Deliver strong results in key sales metrics including number of referrals, breadth of specialties referred, and overall increase in referral business generated.
- Communicate about Compassion-First Hospitals in a meaningful and relevant way to each individual account. Customize discussions and interactions based on understanding the account’s needs.
- Meet with key personnel/decision makers to understand their practice structure, business model, key influencers, needs, and business opportunities.
- Service existing accounts on a rotation basis based on business opportunity and customer engagement within a geographical territory.
- Develop and execute a call-cycle at the account and veterinarian level that develops our reach/frequency expectations.
- Successfully launch new product and service offerings.
- Own the territory. Develop and create strategic opportunities to promote outreach, grow referrals and increase Compassion-First recognition.
- Build on existing relationships and cultivate new relationships with targeted Hospitals and/or key individuals. Through consultative selling, proactively identify needs and negotiate ways that Compassion-First services and programs will add value to their Hospital/client needs.
- Enhance relationships within the community through events, office contacts, written communications and other strategic approaches.
- Research specialty services offered and doctors who provide them at Compassion-First sites. Build competitive specialty hospital knowledge. Understand how to leverage the Compassion-First advantages.
- Develop and execute a Territory Business Plan. Submit weekly and monthly plans to the VP of Customer Development.
- Analyze monthly, quarterly, and yearly revenue reports.
- Effectively manage funding to drive incremental business while staying within the budget guidelines.
- Utilize our Customer Relationship Management system to identify evidence based key account growth opportunities.
- Work together with Director of Client Experience, Marketing Director, and Group President to develop solutions to referring DVM concerns and complaints regarding customer service. Provide timely follow up to referring DVM’s to increase recommendation.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Department to develop and host Continuing Education events, lectures and symposiums, trade shows, etc.
- Provide historical records by maintaining customer relationship database including recording daily call notes
- Compile and distribute information packets to communicate the value of Compassion-First hospitals.
- Promote a positive company image through a clean, professional appearance and respect for customers, clients, and the communities in which Compassion-First does business.
- Conduct all business activities in an honest, ethical manner.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Communications or Healthcare preferred.
- 3-5 years sales experience preferably in animal health or medical device sales desired.
- Proven track record of creatively finding opportunities or solving problems to drive sales performance.
- Highly focused and results oriented, able to identify goals and priorities and resolve issues in initial stages.
- Experience in the Animal Health industry preferred.
- Adept at working in highly fluid, complex, and ever changing environments.
- Customer focused professional demeanor and presentation style.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a close team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and produce quality work while making effective decisions.
- Proficient computer skills including working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint and the ability to use an iPad effectively with each customer.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Employee is required to: sit, stand, walk, talk, see, and hear.
Employee will occasionally lift/push/pull up to 25 pounds.
Ability to travel 80% of time by automobile.
Ability to travel occasionally by air, train, or mass transit.
JOB DESCRIPTION REVIEW:
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of the position. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.