Procedural Services Manager
Procedural Services Manager
Reports To: Hospital Director
FLSA Status: Salary, ExemptSummary: The Manager of Procedural Services is a vital member of the hospital Leadership Team, reporting to the Director, and is accountable for operational aspects of Procedural Clinical, technical Staff at GCVS, including quality outcomes, training, efficiency, costs, and patient satisfaction. The Manager of Procedural Services directs patient care and support for the following service lines: Surgery, Neurology, Dentistry, Ophthalmology, and Anesthesia. The Manager of Procedural Services will ensure the delivery of high-quality and cost-effective healthcare consistent with the Mission, Vision, and Values of Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists and in accordance with government regulations, licensing, and accreditation requirements. The Manager of Procedural Services actively participates in the hospital’s strategic planning and contributes to achieving institutional goals and objectives.
The listing of job duties contained in this job description is not all-inclusive. Duties may be added or subtracted at any time due to the organization’s needs.
- Responsible to the Hospital Administrator/Director.
- Works closely with the Leadership Team and department supervisors.
- All GCVS employees.
- Core competencies: Interdisciplinary leadership, team building, performance improvement, communication, systems thinking, negotiation, multitasking, and financial acumen.
- Operationally and administratively accountable for technical staff of the following areas: Surgery, Neurology, Dentistry, Ophthalmology, and Anesthesia.
- Identifies and articulates the vision and strategic direction for the discipline of Clinical Staff and collaborates on implementing operational strategies/initiatives to achieve them.
- Promotes and utilizes a patient-centered approach with departments.
- Provides leadership and direction for developing strategies to promote the recruitment, retention, and recognition of excellence in assigned departments, including oversight and recommendations regarding compensation and benefits programs for staff.
- Leads in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of new and expanded clinical programs and services, assuring appropriate resources for care delivery.
- Creates win-win solutions among diverse needs and expectations.
- Possesses excellent medical staff and clinical relationship development skills.
- Participates as an active member of the Leadership Team.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and legal requirements in responsibilities by reading journals, newsletters and attending educational meetings.
- Develops annual departmental and capital budgets, monitors and analyzes ongoing performance and productivity, and implements corrective plans.
- Maintains department records and files.
- Serves on internal and external workgroups, committees, and agencies as appropriate.
- Performs other responsibilities as requested by the Hospital Director and other leadership staff
- The job allows employees to vary physical position or activity for comfort.
- Must be able to:
- Stand 30% or longer of an 8-hour workday.
- Walk up to 50% of an 8-hour workday.
- Sit 40% of an 8-hour workday.
- Requires ability to lift to 10 pounds continuously.
- Requires employee to bend, squat, kneel and reach above shoulder level frequently. Climb and twist occasionally.
- Requires repetitive use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulation
- Requires all sensory skills (speech, vision, smell, touch, and hearing) corrected to near normal range.
- Environment: 1. Greater than 90% of time spent indoors. 2. Temperature and humidity norms indoor. 3. Exposure to cleaning agents.
- Exposure to high-stress levels.
- Exposure to electrical current.
- Education: Health Services-related bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Licensed Veterinary Technician in the state of Texas required. VTS is preferred.
- Current clinical leadership experience in one of the disciplines of direct reports.
- Training and Experience: Ten years progressive experience in senior management leadership.
- Adapts positively to the ever-changing healthcare environment by supporting technology and process changes.
- Ability to empathize with others and demonstrate a values-based work style is required.
- Must possess excellent listening and interpersonal skills and problem-solving methods.
- Must be able to work varying hours as required.
- Must have basic computer skills, including working knowledge of office software.