Licensed Veterinary Technician – Anesthesia
We are accepting applications from LVT’s for a full-time Anesthesia Technician position. Potential candidates would work very closely with the Anesthesiologist and all of the GCVS departments to provide anesthesia induction, maintenance, and support during procedures, immediate pre and post-operative treatments, and recovery of patients. Our technicians manage their cases with a variety of pre and post-operative medication protocols. They continuously monitor their patients during procedures with the assistance of pulse oximetry, ECG, capnography, and Doppler blood pressure. If you are energetic, enthusiastic, and really enjoy anesthesia – please apply today!
Qualifications and Skills:
Applicants must be graduates of an AVMA approved Veterinary Technology Program and must be a Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide restraint of pets for examination and treatment by veterinarians. Prepare medications (both injections and dispensed medications) for both outpatients and inpatients.
- Complete all necessary paperwork associated with anesthesia cases.
- Calculate drug dosages.
- Log out and administer controlled substances.
- Induce, maintain, and monitor anesthesia.
- Administer IV fluids
- Provide supportive therapy to patients in procedures, recovery and post-operatively
- Accurately record all anesthesia procedures, diagnostics and treatments in patient charts and all associated service codes for invoicing.
- Maintain anesthesia machines and monitors.
We offer an excellent benefit package, including continuing education, dues to professional associations, 401K plan, uniform allowance, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, health insurance, dental/vision insurance, life insurance, and long and short term disability.