Emergency & Critical Care Client Support Supervisor
It is the responsibility of the Emergency & Critical Care Client Support Supervisor to be a positive role model for all staff while overseeing all customer support aspects of the Internal Medicine department. They will aid the Client Experience Manager in deciding how all standards and results required of the department are reached. The supervisor will manage employee schedules; perform employee coaching and development, and delegate duties and responsibilities of departmental staff. They will also assist in providing quality, compassionate care for all our clients and patients. The Emergency & Critical Care Client Support Supervisor must have good communication skills and a strong professional relationship with all staff to perform the work as delegated and produce quality results. Intimate knowledge of the day-to-day functions of the department, patient care, and client service skills are a must. This position requires a dependable, high-energy person who can handle multiple tasks at one time as well as a high-stress environment.
The listing of job duties contained in this job description is not all-inclusive. Duties may be added or subtracted at any time due to the needs of the organization.
- Responsible to the Client Experience Manager.
- Works closely with the Leadership Team for Emergency & Critical Care and other department supervisors.
- All GCVS employees.
- Core competencies: Team building, performance improvement, communication, systems thinking, negotiation, multitasking, and financial acumen.
- Operationally and administratively accountable for client support staff of Emergency & Critical Care.
- Identifies and articulates the vision and strategic direction for the discipline of Emergency & Critical Care client service and collaborates on the implementation of operational strategies/initiatives to achieve them.
- Promotes and utilizes a client-centered approach within their department, while keeping the best interest of the patient in mind.
- Works with the Client Experience Manager to implement and maintain strategies to promote the recruitment, retention, and recognition of excellence in the assigned department, including oversight and recommendations regarding compensation and benefits programs for staff.
- Staffing: Maintains staffing and scheduling to complete goals of the Emergency & Critical Care client support team.
- Leads in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of new protocols and processes, assuring appropriate resources for the delivery of care.
- Creates win-win solutions among diverse needs and expectations.
- Possesses excellent client service and client relationship development skills.
- Participates as an active member of the departmental Leadership Team.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and legal requirements in areas of responsibility by reading journals, and newsletters, and attending educational meetings.
- Works with the Client Experience Manager to develop annual departmental and capital budgets, monitors and analyzes ongoing performance and productivity, and implements necessary corrective plans.
- Maintains department records and files.
- Serves on internal and external work groups, committees, and agencies as appropriate.
- Maintains knowledge of principles and processes for providing exceptional client services. This includes evaluating client needs, meeting quality standards, providing an exceptional client experience, and evaluation of client satisfaction. Works in tandem with the Emergency & Critical Care technical staff supervisor to ensure all team members are meeting standards in client services.
- Performs other responsibilities as requested by the Client Experience Manager.
- The job allows employees to vary physical position or activity for comfort.
- Must be able to:
- Stand 60% or longer of an 8-hour workday.
- Walk up to 50% of an 8-hour workday.
- Sit 40% of an 8-hour workday.
- Requires ability to lift up to 10 pounds continuously.
- Requires employee to bend, squat, kneel and reach above shoulder level frequently. Climb and twist occasionally.
- Requires repetitive use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulation
- Requires all sensory skills (speech, vision, smell, touch, and hearing) corrected to near normal range.
- Environment: 1. Greater than 90% of time spent indoors. 2. Temperature and humidity norms indoors. 3. Exposure to cleaning agents.
- Exposure to high-stress levels.
- Exposure to electrical current.
- Current client service leadership experience in the discipline of direct reports.
- Training and Experience: Five years of progressive experience in veterinary leadership, with a heavy emphasis on client service.
- Adapts positively to the ever-changing healthcare environment by supporting technology and process changes.
- Ability to empathize with others and demonstrate a values-based work style is required.
- Must possess excellent listening and interpersonal skills and problem-solving methods.
- Must be able to work varying hours as required.
- Must have basic computer skills including working knowledge of office software.
- Demonstrates the core values and mission statement of Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists in their day-to-day activity.