Diagnostic Imaging Department Supervisor
Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists is seeking a Diagnostic Imaging Department Supervisor to provide compassionate care to all GCVS patients. This person is responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of personnel in the Diagnostic Imaging department which includes: radiography, fluoroscopy, ultrasonography, CT, MRI, nuclear medicine, and telemedicine.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Maintains scheduling for department staff, radiologists, and tele-radiologists
- Provides radiology services by directing and coordinating the services of diagnostic imaging procedures; overseeing staff in operation of imaging equipment
- Selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures
- Supports patient care by resolving radiology issues with specialists, radiologists, technicians, and hospital staff
- Improves imaging quality standards by evaluating accuracy and quality of images; providing technical assistance; implementing new techniques, equipment, and procedures
- Provides a safe environment by monitoring radioactive exposure of hospital employees
- GCVS supervisors must possess the ability to work any shift and/or respond in after hour situations as needed including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures, including word processing, designing forms, maintaining files, dictation and transcription, communicating via email, and the use of computer programs to manage and maintain client and patient information
- Ability to learn and work with E-Film
- Using social awareness to conduct appropriate communications and using your ability to modify approach as appropriate
Client or patient information/medical conditions, proprietary information, or confidential situations should not be discussed outside of the hospital
- Knowledge of clinic procedures in support of streamlining clients’ experiences
- Knowledge of patient care standards in support of providing the highest level of medical case management
- Knowledge of client communication standards to provide the highest level of customer service
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors or Associates degree required (LVT) required – Minimum of 3 years of recent direct patient care in an advanced setting is required. Some management experience is strongly preferred.
- Full-time hours and generous pay are offered. Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance for all full-time employees. 401K retirement plans, plus additional benefits.