Client Service Supervisor
Summary: It is the responsibility of the Client Service Supervisor to be a positive role model for all staff, while overseeing all aspects of the reception area. They will aid the Client Experience Manager in deciding how all standards and results required of the departments are reached. The supervisor will manage employee schedules; perform employee coaching and development, and delegate duties and responsibilities to the departments’ staff. They will also assist in providing quality, compassionate care for all our clients and patients. The Client Service Supervisor must have good communication skills and a strong professional relationship with all staff in order to perform the work as delegated and produce quality results. An intimate knowledge of the day to day functions of the department, general client service concepts, and administrative duties. This position requires a dependable, high energy person who can handle multiple tasks at one time as well as a high stress environment.
Job Duties: The listing of job duties contained in this job description is not all inclusive. Duties may be added or subtracted at any time due to the needs of the organization.
- Responsible to the Client Experience Manager.
- Works closely with the Leadership team for all departments and other department supervisors.
- All GCVS employees.
- Core competencies: Interdisciplinary leadership, team building, performance improvement, communication, systems thinking, negotiation, multitasking, and financial acumen.
- Operationally and administratively accountable for client service staff.
- Identifies and articulates the vision and strategic direction for the discipline of the client service staff and collaborates on the implementation of operational strategies/initiatives to achieve them.
- Promotes and utilizes a client/patient centered approach within their department.
- Works with the Client Experience Manager to implement and maintain the development of strategies to promote the recruitment, retention and recognition of excellence in assigned departments, including oversight and recommendations regarding compensation and benefit programs for staff.
- Leads in the planning, implementation and evaluation of new protocols and processes, assuring appropriate resources for the delivery of care.
- Staffing: Maintains staffing and scheduling to complete goals of the client service team.
- Creates win-win solutions among diverse needs and expectations.
- Possesses excellent medical staff and clinical relationship development skills.
- Participates as an active member of the departmental Leadership Team.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and legal requirements in areas of responsibilities by reading journals, newsletters, and attending educational meetings.
- Works with the Clinical Experience Manager to develop annual departmental and capital budgets, monitors and analyzes ongoing performance and productivity and implements necessary corrective plans.
- Maintains department records and files.
- Serves on internal and external work groups, committees, and agencies as appropriate.
- Maintains knowledge of principle and processes for providing exceptional client services. This includes evaluating client needs, meeting quality standards, providing an exceptional client experience, and evaluation of client satisfaction.
- Performs other responsibilities as requested by the Clinical Experience Manager.
- Job allows employee to vary physical position or activity for comfort.
- Must be able to:
- Stand 60% or longer of an 8-hour workday.
- Walk up to 50% of an 8-hour workday.
- Sit 40% of an 8-hour workday.
- Requires ability to lift up to 10 pounds continuously.
- Requires employee to bend, squat, kneel and reach above shoulder level frequently. Climb and twist occasionally.
- Requires repetitive use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulation
- Requires all sensory skills (speech, vision, smell, touch, and hearing) corrected to near normal range.
- Environment: 1. Greater than 90% of time spent indoors. 2. Temperature and humidity norms indoor. 3. Exposure to cleaning agents.
- Exposure to high stress levels.
- Exposure to electrical current.
- High School diploma is require, Associate’s degree or Bachelors is preferred; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Current leadership experience in the discipline of direct reports.
- Training and Experience: Five years progressive experience in client service leadership. Also prefer previous experience with Veterinary Clinic operations.
- Adapts positively to the ever-changing healthcare environment by supporting technology and process changes.
- Ability to empathize with others and demonstrate a values-based work style is required.
- Must possess excellent listening and interpersonal skills and problem-solving methods.
- Must be able to work varying hours as required.
- Must have basic computer skills including working knowledge office software.
- Demonstrates the core values and mission statement of Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists in their day to day activity.