Total Hip Replacement Rehabilitation Starting 2 Months Postoperatively
At 2 months postoperatively, radiographs are taken. At that point, assuming everything is on schedule, it is time to begin leash walks for the next 30 days. An ideal program to start after radiographs are taken 2 months postoperatively is:
- Days 1 - 10: Walk 1/2 mile in the morning and ½ mile in the evening.
- Normal activity can resume around the home and yard after the first 10 days of walking.
- Days 10 – 20: Walk 1 mile in the morning and 1 mile in the evening.
- Days 20 - 30: Walk 1 1/2 mile in the morning and 1 1/2 mile in the evening.
- After 30 days, the length of the walks can be at your preference or you can stop walks entirely.
- Please make an appointment for a recheck examination and radiographs in one year.
If you have any questions about aftercare, rehabilitation, activity level, or future performance, please call us for answers: 713-693-1122.